Sunday, June 19, 2016

Brewhaha Beer Festival June 18,2016

What better way to spend Father's Day Weekend than to attend a local beer festival, right? A few weeks back I tried to buy tickets on line but we couldn't because the site said, "Sold Out." I had to tell my beloved that we wouldn't be going. We have been attending this fun festival which combines local craft breweries with local home brewers since it started a few years back. Wednesday, our friend called to say he saw discount tickets on Groupon. The Lord works in mysterious ways. Thank you to all the home brewers who donated beer for this. We enjoyed tasting so many different styles. There were a lot of sours this year and fruit beers. I'm not a sour fan but the people we were with are.

Local brewery Fat Pig is breaking free from its mothership, Tradesman Brewery and moving out to Red Top where they are building a brewery. I'm looking forward to some more fantastic suds from them. We had to wait until 3:45 until we could try their Chocopotamus which is barrel aged in rye whiskey barrels. We missed out on it last year so I was tied for first place in line and had to thumb wrestle a guy named Eric for the privilege. Thank you to all the breweries who made this event possible. I took a lot of pictures but I'm assuming my phone ran out of memory so I can't post them. Sorry about that!










No comments:

Post a Comment