Tuesday, January 19, 2016

The Three Amigas at Holy City Brewing in Charleston, SC

I love my dentist but it sure is expensive to go. As I sat there, I found myself daydreaming about where to hang out after my 4 o'clock appointment. Many of the breweries are closed on Monday night and we wanted something to eat so we decided  Holy City Brewing was a perfect destination for food and craft beer.  An arctic blast was sweeping through Charleston with temperatures of 20 or below expected in the morning and we were happy to see the brewery had their extra propane heaters going.

I enjoy sitting at the bar as it gives me an opportunity to talk with people and I met three animated women sitting next to me.

Women Who Love Beer L to R:
Tine, a gorgeous red head, aspiring DJ and Charleston native recently returned from Chicago where she attended the Art Institute majoring in Art History and Marketing. They recently created the David Bowie Art Exhibit before she moved back to the low country. With 20 beers on tap, Tine is a Double IPA All Day kind of beer drinker. She loves Yeast Wrangler, also referred to as Beast Wrangler. Welcome home!

Carlin, wrapped up in a warm Aztec coat with a hood shows up at Holy City most Mondays with her friends for a craft. " A nitro beer is always my jam! Other than that, any IPA will do. Overly Friendly IPA is a Holy City IPA good for any time of the year." She says she also loves to ride her bike all over. Enjoy the ride. It is all about the journey.

Ashley, dressed in royal blue with the gorgeous long hair brought her best canine friend, a white lab mix with a curled tail named Ringo. And Ringo, beside himself every time another dog walked in was really sweet and well behaved. I love that this brewery welcomes dogs too. Ashley  said she loves beer almost as much as Ringo. She was drinking a Pecan Dream. Dogs, a woman's best friend.

Holy City has a Barrel Aged  Collision Stout 9.5% ABV on tap that is fantastic. I am partial to Barley wine so I also tried the Julbocken 9% ABV which was smooth and delicious. We bought a growler of All Up in Yo Porter 5.5% a lightly spiced new take on Pluff Mud Porter with jalapeno and a growler of Julbocken. Cheers to a great week friends!













































No comments:

Post a Comment